In-Crisis Consulting, LLC was founded by John Bruner, the former Chief County Detective with the Greene County District Attorney's Office (Western Pennsylvania). John is currently the Negotiations Leader for the Washington Regional (Pa) SWAT Team and has been a criminal investigator and a police 1st Responder for 20 years.
John is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Active Shooter Incidents & Robbery Prevention.
Throughout his career and extensive training, John realized that there is a disconnect between the “hands-on” active shooter response training provided to law enforcement and the lack of quality training available for companies and their employees. In-Crisis Consulting’s mission is to fill that training void and to better prepare companies for these tragic events that have become all too common.
- Held both tactical and administrative SWAT positions.
- Active experience as a crisis & hostage negotiator with command center participation and critical incident decision-making responsibility.
- Certified Trained:
- FBI - Workplace Violence
- FBI - Crisis & Hostage Negotiator
- FBI - Concepts of Criminal Profiling
- FBI National Academy (PA Chapter) - Surviving a Critical Incident
- U.S. Secret Service - Characteristics of an Armed Gunman
- Miami-Dade Police Department - Officer Involved Shooting & In-Custody Death
- California University (PA) - Behavioral Analysis of Violent Criminals
- Slippery Rock University (PA) - Active Shooter & Threat Assessment
- Dept. Homeland Security - Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents
- FEMA - Incident Command Systems for Law Enforcement
- FEMA - Workplace Violence
- Invited to instruct alongside the FBI and the US Secret Service to numerous companies on offender & victim mind-set and violent crime prevention.
- Issued hundreds of media releases including the print media, radio, and TV interviews.
- Trained various industries: Universities, Hospitals, Financial Institutions, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Fortune 500 companies, and local, state, & federal law enforcement agencies.
- Volunteer Programs: John educates and assists school districts Pro Bono on Active Shooter Violence & Child School Safety to give back to the community as these services usually push against a tight school district budget.
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A. Degree in Administration of Justice
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Police Academy , ACT 120
- Member of Washington Regional SWAT, Western Pennsylvania Negotiators Association and National Domestic Preparedness Coalition